Adsense Leaderboard

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Rosemarie's French Macaron: Salted Caramel and Nutella


I was taking a stroll at Robinson's Magnolia while waiting for my scheduled Pacific Rim viewing when I chanced upon Rosemarie's French Macaron. I wanted to give a newly opened famous macaron place a try but this was tucked at the food bazaar at the food court, I thought this might be a hidden gem. 

And I found treasure! I tried the salted caramel and Nutella for Php35 a piece. It has a soft initial bite with a chewy core. It's something good to nibble on while you're resting your feet from the long walk. 

The salted caramel is not too sweet, the hint of salt balances out the sweetness which was perfect. I ate this pretty quickly as I was so excited to sink my teeth into one. The Nutella is my favorite! I really love Nutella and I'm biased towards this, what gives this a nice kick is that I can taste the nutty fragrant hazelnut flavor more than scooping a spoonful of Nutella from the jar. Perhaps they added real hazelnut to this? It's really good! I really enjoyed the two and I will try the other flavors when I go back. I even wanted to drink some hot tea with this, tea will bring out the macaron's flavor really well. Other macarons within the same price range are just too sweet that you can't distinguish the flavor anymore but this hidden gem is bang for the buck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment