Okay gals, welcome to another edition of Beauty Dilemma! Haha
Seriously I don't know who to turn to or ask for advice anymore
I'm going a bit looney thinking which powder compact I'm gonna buy.
What I want:
A good oil absorbing powder
Powder for setting makeup
Won't change my Jill Stuart Moist Silk Liquid Foundation's color
An instant foundation I could use on emergencies when I have to dash out of the door a bare face
Am I asking too much? =p
Basically I will just use the powder most of the time for setting my makeup and absorbing oil since it's like summer all through out the year in the Philippines and I ALWAYS oil up on my T-zone.
I will only use the powder as a foundation at rare occasions when I'm in a such hurry that I will just have to do my makeup while on the road
I found two powder compacts that might be worthy looking at:
Jill Stuart Smooth Silk Powder Foundation N
- It has exactly my shade in Ivory
- Claims to be light, airy and non-cakey
- Claims to be have oil control properties while being moisturizing
- Other review say this makes the skin glow
- Jill Stuart's liquid foundation does make my skin glow and there's a big chance it's the same with the powder one
- Handy in cases of emergencies where I have to rush without putting on any makeup
- Cutest powder compact I've seen
- Hygienic; puff is separated from the pan
- Super expensive considering I'm just gonna use this as a setting powder, don't get me wrong, Bon sells this for Php2400 which is very cheap considering the retail price is already a whopping NT$1500.
- Silver compact's design is fingerprint magnet; needs cleaning every now and then
- It has a light floral scent, I use a lot of Jill Stuart products and the scent may pile up
- Only has 10 grams
- This is a foundation and not a light pressed powder. Would light dusting make it look cakey?
MAC Blot Powder
- Drastically cheaper and reasonable price for a setting powder, retails for Php1200
- Claims to be translucent which makes choosing shades easier
- Sleek professional black packaging makes it low maintenance to clean
- Has 12 grams (that's 2 grams more than JS)
- Has a lot of good reviews in terms of oil control
- Can be drying and flaky if you have dry skin areas
- Other reviews say this is starchy but makes it a great oil absorber
- Powder's MAC logo and other writings will fade easily- that's what I usually see with the other MAC compacts
- Puff is placed on top of the pan, not so hygienic but that can be easily resolved
Another fact for me to consider is that powders lasts me a year because I only use it for light dusting and setting.
Oh I forgot to include that Bon's gonna go backpacking trip to Aussie soon so this might be my last chance to get Jill Stuart! Jill Stuart's pretty hard to come by to the Philippines and I don't know any other importer already while MAC is just a car ride away.
Watcha think gals?