Adsense Leaderboard

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Problem with Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy Rides Again Eyeshadow Glitter?


Okay so when we get eye shadow palettes our usual frustration is how the hell do we use some eyeshadow that just won't work for us?

Some girls love chunky glitter on their eyes for funky sparkly eye makeup
But what about girls like me who prefer matte and frost finish?

Recently I've been playing with my Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume 2 so I could really think about it if I would buy one of the Alice in Wonderland's palette- basically I'm thinking if I really love Urban Decay eye shadows so I would know whether to grab one or not.

Yup, I love Urban Decay eyeshadow but some colors just don't work- unless I do something about it! =p
The one and only eyeshadow that doesn't seem to work on me is Midnight Cowboy Rides Again.


Check the photo above regarding the Midnight Cowboy Rides Again swatches using different methods
Left: without UDPP and foiling method
Center: with UDPP and foiling
Right: without UDPP, with foiling

I figured out if I try to wet my brush (the foiling method) the glitter wouldn't fly away so much (non-brainer, right?)

It worked! But...
Surprise surprise! I prefer using Midnight Cowboy Rides Again with foiling method but WITHOUT Urban Decay Primer Potion.
It looks more vibrant than the one with UDPP.


Here's a quick look on how Midnight Cowboy Rides Again look on my eye using just the foiling method.
The color popped out and there's not much glitter fall-out. However the color will definitely last longer if you apply UDPP first but I don't think I'll be having much of a problem with that.

2 comments:

  1. hi, this color is pretty! and the color really popped and showed! amazing.

    p/s: u hav a new follower =)
    feel free to drop by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ShaynaJo! ^.^ thank you very much for following my blog! I'll follow you too =p

    yeah turns out Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is a very very pretty color contrary to most reviews saying that it's just a glitter bomb and no pigmentation at all. We just need to understand how to use this eyeshadow better =)

    ReplyDelete