Adsense Leaderboard

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stila Smudge Pot in Starry Night



As requested I am going to review Stila Smudge Pot in Starry Night ^.^ This Smudge Pot is exclusively available in the Smudge Pot Holiday Set.




Starry Night is described as deep shimmering navy. The consistency is very creamy and smooth; I love how the brush glides on the surface of the Smudge Pot. The consistency is not as strong as other Smudge Pots but that is okay since I can build the color up.

It lasts practically the whole day too! With this swatch on my hand, I actually washed the dishes and a big turbo broiler and the color is still the same- except that the glitters came off but what really matters to me is the color and it sticked on my skin even if my hands are soaked in soap and water for almost 30 minutes.


close up swatch of Stila Starry Night

If you would take a closer look, you will see that the shimmer is in gold. It looks fabulous paired with navy blue! Whenever the light hits on the swatch it seems like the navy blue color is glimmering when you look from afar.



difference of Violet and Starry Night

Stila Starry Night's formula is less coarse than Violet but I love the both nonetheless. I know there are some feedbacks that claim Starry Night and Violet are almost similar but I can assure you it just seems like it looks the same perhaps because of the camera and lighting. See how pretty and distinct both look? 

My personal favorite would be Violet because I love this particular shade of violet while the Starry Night's blue hue is quite normal in the market (without the gold glitter) and it looks almost similar to my Shu Uemura Drawing Pencil in ME Blue (which I haven't reviewed yet!) 

1 comment:

  1. loving both colors <3 I heart the electric blue one from the Barbie set (its called Cobalt Clutch) :D you've got great smudgepots colors in your collection!

    btw, yahoo and msn messenger are not compatible i think :X

    ReplyDelete