Adsense Leaderboard

Thursday, November 19, 2009

MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack Review




Today I am gonna review one of my latest haul the MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. I bought this for Php1100 at MAC Rockwell.

What MAC Says: 
Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. 


Blacktrack is described as solid flat black. 









My Review:


What I noticed that's really nice about this gel liner is it's packaging, not only is the pot itself is glass but also the cap is coated with ceramic which is great because it seals the air in better than plastic caps. It prolongs the lifespan of your gel liner because it would not dry out fast. Nevertheless, I store this in a glass container just to make sure I would use this and nothing would be dried up (I hope!)


At first I thought "Woah the eye liner is so small!" But when I opened it, it's filled to the brim so it was quite a nice surprise.


When I dipped my eye liner brush, it sank to the solid looking gel liner as if it's pure liquid. This reminds me of those days when I used to do Chinese Calligraphy and I have to dip my mo-pit brush to a black stone that's filled with black ink; it looks so solid but you'll realize it's liquid once you dipped your brush in it. Sometimes I am tempted to try using a fine mo-pit brush to line my eyes, haha!






The formula is great, I like how fluid it glides on my skin and how pigmented the liner is. Although I am having a hard time trying to control the brush because I tend to press a bit hard so the distribution is uneven. Is there a hint of shimmer in the formula? I noticed the swatch on my skin and there are small sparkles in it though MAC claims it is a solid flat black.




I thought I just had to do this, haha! The formula was not dry yet when I smudged it so it is understandable but once it's dry, even if you splash this with water it would not budge on my skin. This made me happy because it works well on my skin!



No comments:

Post a Comment