Adsense Leaderboard

Friday, July 6, 2012

Shu Uemura Glowing Fit Lasting Compact Foundation Review


So I recently picked up Shu Uemura's powder foundation for the first time. And oh, thank God for Shu Uemura in Trinoma! Hurrah! Isn't that a great news for Quezon City people? Yay!


I know I've been out of the blogging sphere for quite some time *gasp* so when I ran out of my ever reliable Jill Stuart powder foundation, I knew I could count on Shu Uemura to fill in the gap.

I'm also using Shu Uemura's Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation and it matches my skin tone perfectly so I know exactly which shade to pick- shade no. 764.

What Shu Uemura says:
glowing-fit lasting compact
perfect glow in one stroke

enhance skin transparency
with 'true blue pearl', resulting in a flattering glow
reminiscent of soft moonlight

sebum and sweat-free makeup
all day long with water and oil repellent powder for a smooth
and polished look

long-lasting protection
against UVA and UVB rays with SPF 26 PA+++

buildable coverage
for a smooth and precise finish

perfectly glowing complexion
with skin affinity powders for a soft and comfortable feel


What I say:
First thing I noticed is how amazingly un-powdery the finish, I personally like to spray my sponge with Evian's facial mist prior to swiping it on the pan to give me a more natural liquid foundation look without the heavy feel but I have tried using it dry and it is un-powdery unlike other powder foundations.

Coverage wise it evens out my skin tone without looking so heavily made up and yes I agree with the "Glowing Fit" part, I do think there is a healthy glow after patting this on. I look less tired, more awake and brightened up to the point that I actually ended up using less concealer on my dark circles.

What I love about this is that it does not cause me to break out as often as the liquid foundation and my other powder foundations. Staying power is also superb! It stays put all day long without any touch ups needed. However, I do need to comply with my oil blotting ritual.

Applied dry (left) and wet (right)
Shu Uemura Glowing Fit Lasting Compact Foundation swatch shade no.764

I can't think much of a downside to this foundation except that it can't keep my oilies at bay, oh and perhaps the black compact case is a finger print magnet though but that's not much of an issue for me.

Price: 
Black compact case Php700
Shu Uemura Glowing Fit Lasting Foundation Php1800

Where I bought it:
Shu Uemura Trinoma

Shu Uemura Trinoma contact detail:
09162788840

No comments:

Post a Comment