Adsense Leaderboard

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden Review and Swatches


What Urban Decay says:
Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden
What it is:
An eye prep product that provides smoother, longer-lasting, and absolutely crease-proof eyeshadow—and is now offered in a very-wearable, tawny, matte hue.

UDPP box side view- cute pattern!

What it does:
Eyeshadow Primer Potions from Urban Decay are unmatched in the beauty industry! The genie in these bottles fulfills three wishes: eyeshadow that lasts, more vibrant and lasting color, and absolutely NO creasing. Apply Primer Potion to lids before shadow application and it dries down almost instantly, creating smooth lids that are super-powered eyeshadow magnets. Urban Decay offers several unique shades in their Eyeshadow Primer Potions, but all boast the same unbelievable function. Eden is a matte-finish, tawny hue and gives you a stunning "no makeup" look when worn alone or complements other eyeshadows worn in combination. Packaged in a pretty genie bottle, all these Potions are applied with a magic wand and flocked applicator.


What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances


My Review:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original has always been a staple in my dresser, the humid Philippine weather will definitely make your eye shadow crease so a powerful eye shadow primer is a must to prevent creasing.
I thought UDPP in Original was one of the best eye primer there is around but Eden came and changed that view point.


UDPP in Eden's packaging is not so attractive as compared to the metallic finish Original and Sin has but these are the times when we need to be reminded not to judge a book by it's cover- or in this case, don't judge the potion by it's packaging. The packaging is in rubbery matte finish, this could be a dirt magnet so I'm still housing it in it's box as my OC self tells me to do so.


UDPP in Eden has the relatively new doe foot applicator because there are a lot of complaints that the packaging doesn't really help us get the most of the product.

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden Swatch

Consistency wise, UDPP in Eden is more creamy and yet when it dries it's a whole lot tackier than UDPP in Original so eye shadow really sticks and it won't be easily rubbed off. I'm really surprised to be impressed with primer potions again. Urban Decay has outdone itself!


The primer potion doesn't dry quickly so you could blend it until you're satisfied.
Warning though, a little goes a long way so two tiny dots for chinky eyes would be enough, it's super creamy that it distributes easily and evenly. When it dries, that's it- it's tacky enough to hold eye shadows for a long long time. I tried rubbing it off under running water but it's not doing the trick. I tried rubbing it off with tissue but it's not coming off. I found another Holy Grail!

I love how you see an eyeshadow color on the palette looks color-accurate on your lids when you use Eden.
I've used Urban Decay eye shadows for all of these:
left Half Baked
middle Jinx
right Homegrown  

My usual problem before was that whenever I use Half Baked it looks so yellowish to me but now it looks as bronze-gold as ever. I love it!

Sadly, as of now UDPP in Eden is not available in the Philippines along with the entire Urban Decay product line up, the nearest place to go is Singapore.

I got my UDPP in Eden courtesy of my cousin Shirley of www.msroughette.blogspot.com
Please do check her out as she's starting with her online shop and she imports internationally, I got my UDPP Eden on time via sea freight and she ships everything securely- when I opened the package there were lots of bubble wraps, styro lining and a smaller Sephora box- everything came safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment